2014 Damonte Ranch High School Graduation Keynote Address - Poem: A Better Place - note: the magenta word in each line is emphasized when reading the poem.
- Why get a good education? Check out the chart below. (Click on it to get a larger image.)
Median Income by Education Level (2010 Census data)
Some Cool Math
- Ten common errors on math tests - use this list to identify what errors you tend to make, and then look out for these in the future. You will be surprised how much this will impact your test scores.
- Memorize these math facts to enhance success - students can enhance their chances of success by memorizing a number of math facts, from basic addition and multiplication to powers and roots. While you may think this is just extra math work, memorizing these facts will greatly facilitate your work in high school math classes and even make them more enjoyable.
- Graph Paper App version 2.0 – Design blank Graph Paper to print, or to "snip" and paste into another application. Can produce Cartesian and Polar Graphs. Useful for teachers who want to add blank graphs to a Microsoft Word document or students who want to use graph paper but don't have any available.
- Recursive formula for pi in Excel - a recursive formula for Pi that converges very quickly. After 4 steps, Pi is accurate to 14 digits.
- Graph polar curves in Excel - this file allows you to graph a series of polar curves, including the Cardioid, Rose, Lemniscate and Spiral. Note that you can also graph these using the Algebra (Main) App.
- Solve a system of three equations in Excel - this file facilitates the solution of a system of three simultaneous equations, as long as they are linearly independent (i.e., a single point solution exists).
- Derive Euler's Formula involving five mathematical constants - this document derives Euler's famous equation in two ways, one way based on infinite series and one way based on integration. Calculus required.
- A different look at the 2012 Olympic Medal standings - this web page considers an alternative way to look at who won the 2012 London Olympics. An Excel file is also provided for download for those who wish to investigate the topic further.