This page contains resources that may be of interest to students studying Trigonometry. The number of resources on this page will grow as additional items are developed. If you have any questions or special requests, please contact Earl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Problems related to Precalculus, Fourth Edition (Blitzer)
The value of reviewing these sample problems and solutions is twofold. The more obvious benefit relates to problems that a student has difficulty solving themselves; a solution is provided. Less obvious is the set of techniques used in our solutions; some of the techniques used on the sample problems may not be taught in the classroom. We concentrate on efficient solutions and shortcuts; so a review of the solved problems may present new techniques that enable a student to be more efficient in their approach to solving problems.
Semester Review (Blitzer Chapters 4 to 6)
- 2014-15 Chapters 4 and 5 Sample Test and Solutions - Trigonometric Functions and Analytic Trigonometry
- 2012-13 Chapters 4 and 5 Sample Test #1 and Solutions - Trigonometric Functions and Analytic Trigonometry
- 2014-15 Chapter 5 Sample Test and Solutions - Analytic Trigonometry (angle addition, double angle, half angle, Trigonometric equations)
- 2012-13 Chapter 5 Sample Test #2 and Solutions - Analytic Trigonometry (angle addition, double angle, half angle, power reduction, product-to-sum, sum-to-product formulas)
- 2014-15 Chapter 6 Sample Test #1 and Solutions - Additional Topics (Laws of Sines and Cosines, Oblique Triangles, Polar Coordinates and Forms, Vectors)
- 2012-13 Chapter 6 Sample Test #2 and Solutions - Another sample test on Chapter 6 material
- 2012-13 Semester Review - Hard Problems and Their Solutions - A list of probems that students found particularly difficult in preparing for the final
Students of Trigonometry may find the following to be useful references.
- Algebra and PreCalculus Handbook version 2.8 – Covers two years of Algebra and some Pre-Calculus.
- Trigonometry Handbook version 2.0 – Covers High School Trigonometry.
For more information on the handbooks, including download instructions, go to the Math Handbook page.
There is no specific Geometry App, but when the student begins to study basic Trigonometry, the Trigonometry App may be of interest.
- Trigonometry App version 0.7g – Covers topics in Trigonometry.
For more information on the PC Apps, including download instructions, go to the PC Apps page.
TrigStar Sample Tests
The TrigStar Program Contest is an annual high school mathematics competition sponsored by the National Society of Professional Surveyors. You can visit their website here. National and local awards are provided for contest winners.
A formula sheet for use on the exams, as well as a number of practice tests, are provided below.
- Formula Sheet for use on TrigStar Tests
- 2002 Sample Test
- 2003 Sample Test
- 2004 Sample Test
- 2005 Sample Test
- 2006 Sample Test
- 2011 Sample Test and Step-by-Step Solutions
- 2012 Sample Test