Math High School Proficiency Exam (HSPE)
This page contains resources that may be of interest to students studying for the math HSPE. The number of resources on this page will grow as additional items are developed. If you have any questions or special requests, please contact Earl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pre‐Algebra Handbook version 2.3 – Covers math subjects for grades 6, 7 and 8.
- Algebra and PreCalculus Handbook version 2.8 – Covers two years of Algebra and some Pre-Calculus.
- Geometry Handbook version 2.9 – Covers High School Geometry.
- HSPE Condensed Version of the Above Handbooks - a combination of all three of the above handbooks, pared down to relate more directly to the questions posed on the HSPE. The page numbers shown in this file are those from the full handbooks. If you are crunched for time, this subset of the handbooks is for you. If you have the time, however, the full versions of the above handbooks should be reviewed.
For more information on the handbooks, including download instructions, go to the Math Handbook page.
Sample Tests from Unknown Dates
Sample Tests from 2009
Sample Tests from 2010
Sample Tests from 2011
Sample Tests from 2012
- Click here for the Nevada HSPE website. This site is provided by the Nevada Department of Education to provide information about the HSPE exams in all subjects.
- Click here for the Regional Professional Development Program HSPE website. This site provides sample exams, online tutorials and more.